The academy is now closed.
The government has closed all schools to slow the spread of the coronavirus, until further notice.
How to stay safe
- Guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
- Guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people
- Stay at home advice
Advice for parents
The government has produced new guidance for parents and carers during the closure of schools. It is available here. The guidance is clear:
If it is at all possible for your child to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, some childcare provision will be available to them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon vulnerable groups – the elderly or those with underlying conditions.
- Children and adults should follow social distancing
We have provided all students with lots of work in anticipation of these closures. It is very important that our pupils complete the work that is set for them while they are at home. We are working hard on completing additional resources so please check the website regularly for updates.
For our online resources please click here
We will be moving to a voucher system for Free School Meal lunch provision over the next few days. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00am on 25/3/20 if your son/daughter is eligible for this.
Please also check the academy website for the latest updates.
The Government has said that childcare facilities are going to be available for certain groups of children. If you believe your child meets one of the below criteria, please get in touch via the contact tab on the website.
- Children who are supported by social care, with safeguarding or welfare needs, including child in need plans, on child protection plans, ‘looked after’ children, young carers, disabled children & those with education, health and care (EHC) plans.
- Children whose parent/carers are keyworkers. The Government have produced an explanation of who key workers are here.
Please go to our Latest News for updates
We will continue to update you whenever we can via MCAS, letters or text and the website. Thank you for your continued support.